- “Board & Match Committee Nomination Results & Notice of Election 2019/2020 14 May, 2019
Results of Nominations & Notice of Election for Board Members
The following Board positions received a single nomination and have been elected:
President (2 year term) Ric Lawler
Secretary (2 year term) Byron Coonerty
Director (1 year term) Janine Rischin
The following positions received 3 nominations for 2 positions and will require a vote to be held
Director (2 year term – two positions)
Nominations Matt Green, Greg Hogan, Barrie Lester
- Election will be held in the clubhouse Saturday May 18 2019 between 12pm and 6.30pm
- Applications for postal voting need to be sent to the Secretary prior to Saturday May 18 for approval. Please note that postal votes are only for those unable to physically attend the election due to distance or other factors.
- Approved postal votes need to reach the Secretary and / or Returning Officer by 6pm Saturday May 18th 2019
Three nominations for Match Committee were received, and have been accepted. They are
Paul Titcombe, Matt Green, and Kevin Lehane
The remaining two positons are open for nomination at the Annual General Meeting Sun May 19th 11am.
- Great success for inaugural University’s competition at Melbourne 7 May, 2019
- 2019/20 AGM 1 May, 2019
Melbourne Bowling Club Inc.
138 Union Street, Windsor, Vic. 3181
Reg No A 002 7695 A
Notice is hereby given that the One Hundred and Fifty Fifth Annual General Meeting of the Club will be held in the Clubhouse, 138 Union Street, Windsor on Sun May 19th commencing 11am.
Please direct any enquiries to the Secretary Byron Coonerty via email@example.com
The following positions are now open for nominations
President (2 Year Term)
Secretary (2 Year Term)
2 Ordinary Directors (2 Year Term)
1 Ordinary Director (1 Year Term)
MBC Match Committee
5 Match Committee Members (1 Year Term)
Nominations for positions close Saturday May 11th 2019 6pm
Voting for the election of the Directors and Match Committee of the Club, if required, shall take place between the hours of 12 noon and 6.30 p.m. on Saturday 18th May 2019.
A ballot box will be provided on the Club premises during the specified hours and will be in the charge of the duly appointed Returning Officer.
Applications for a Postal Ballot Paper must be made to the Secretary prior to Saturday May 18th, and Members availing themselves of this privilege must have their ballot papers lodged before 6.00 p.m. on Saturday 18th May 2019.
Members who are financial as at 31st. March 2019 are deemed financial until a decision is made on the rate of Annual Subscription at the Annual General Meeting.
Agenda for the Annual General Meeting.
1. Reading of the Notice convening the Meeting.
3. Consideration and adoption of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
5. Receive from the Committee, the Annual Report for the year ending 31st. March 2019.
6. Consideration and adoption of the Annual Report.
7. Presentation of the audited Balance Sheet and the Statement of Accounts.
8. Declaration of the postal votes and results of the election for the Board.
9. Nomination and election of the Auditors.
10. Determination of the Annual Subscriptions.
11. To elect the Match Committee.
12. To determine the number of Pennant Sides to be entered in the Pennant Competitions.
13. General Business. Any matter of which 21 days due notice has been given to the Secretary.
14. Any other General Business of which due notice has not been given.
- Three Melbourne members in Victorian Thunder men’s team 10 March, 2019Three Melbourne players Curtis Hanley, Bryce Young and Barrie Lester have been selected in the Victorian Thunder men’s team to head north to NSW to compete in this year’s National Sides Championships.The 2019 National Sides Championships will be held at Ettalong Bowls Club from April 11-14.The full team is:John McCarron (Glenroy) Leigh Mcilvenny (Ocean Grove) Jay Bye-Norris (Essendon) Matt Flapper (S) (Ocean Grove)Curtis Hanley (Melbourne) Nathan Murray (Bundoora RSL) Dane McKinnon (Altona) Barrie Lester (S) (Melbourne)Josh Corless (Bundoora RSL) Bryce Young (Melbourne) Nathan Wilson (Altona) Matthew Ellul (S) (St Kilda)
- Congratulations to Barrie on his Australian representation selection 11 February, 2019
Continuing his recent excellent form especially in the singles competitions Barrie Lester has been named in the BCiB Australian Jackaroos team selected to don the green and gold at the 2019 Asia Pacific Championships on the Gold Coast in June. Barrie has been selected to lead in both the triples and fours.
Congratulations Barrie on your green and gold selection. below is the link to the full details.
- Watson Green send off and Christmas gathering 28 November, 2018
A relaxing affair for all members including the opportunity for the whole clubto have one last bowl on the Watson bent green.
Anyone and everyone can enter the following competitions:
closest in a corner to corner (heat and final)
closest to the ditch (heat and final)
closest to Kitty in the ditch (heat and final)
closest to the flag in the centre of the green (heat and final)
If there is interest, a game of cricket could also be organised to beplayed on the sacred surface.
The cost $15 per head. Put your name down and pay at the Bar
- Steller 2018 Vic Open – Day 8 Mens pairs final 23 November, 2018
Mens Pairs decided on the last bowl of the match.
Barrie Lester interviewing winners Cooper Wescombe & Jarryd Davies and the runners up Melbourne boys Cain &Curtis Hanley. Great performance guys Well done!!!
Who is the Melbourne Bowling Club
The Melbourne Bowling Club is more than just a bowling club it is a social club! It is arguably one of the most successful bowls clubs in the Metropolitan region with six premierships and seven runners up titles since 2000 in the Premier Division competition along with three State champion titles.
Not interested in bowling become a social member and enjoy the benefits of a relaxed friendly environment and members prices. It is becoming the gathering place for Windsor locals who like to have a quite break from the hurley burly of Chapel Street.
A place to drop in during the week after work before heading off down the C street.
Alternatively looking to have a function that is number one for breaking that awkward silence when acquaintances or work colleagues meet for the first time at a social occasion then barefoot bowls is for you!
Pay your membership renewals online