You are required to login to view this page.
After winning the 2017 Premier Division Title in March, the team has gone on to win the overall Champions of State Pennant Title at Moama this afternoon. After a dominant display in the sectional play, wining all 5 preliminary matches, they played the similarly dominant Bairnsdale team from Gippsland District. The team eventually claiming the title with a 61-30 result, also winning all 3 rinks 17/16, 22/7 and 22/7. Congratulations to all who participated over the past season. More details at the Bowls Vic website
Congratulations to all the recipients of awards at the club presentation night held on 1 April (see photo slide show below award winners):
Club Singles Champion (Men) – Shane Fordham, runner up Chris O’Meagher
Club Singles Champion (Women) – Kristen Steele, runner up Samantha Robinson
Club Minor Singles Champion – Tim Charles, runner up Alan Stone
Club Pairs Champions – Ryan Bevis and Bryce Young, runners up Mark Alyward and Todd Trewarne
MVP Side 4 – Jack Keogh
MVP Side 3 – Kevin Oram
MVP Side 2 – Mark Alyward
MVP Side 1 – Curtis Hanley
- Jack Keogh – Super Veteran
- Ted Took – 50 Years continuous bowls membership recopgntion from Bowls Victoria
Notice is hereby given that the One Hundred and Fifty Third Annual General Meeting of the Club will be held in the Clubhouse, 138 Union Street, Windsor, on Sunday 21st May 2017 at 11.00 a.m.
You are also notified that nominations for positions on the Board of Directors and Match Committee will close on Friday 12th. May 2017 at 6.30pm for the following positions:-
- President (2 Year Term)
- Secretary (2 Year Term)
- Treasurer (1 Year Term
- 2 Ordinary Directors (2 Year Term)
- 1 Ordinary Director (1 Year Term)
- 5 Match Committee Members (1 Year Term)
Voting for the election of the Directors and Match Committee of the Club, if required, shall take place between the hours of 12 noon and 6.30 p.m. on Saturday 20th May 2017.
A ballot box will be provided on the Club premises during the specified hours and will be in the charge of the duly appointed Returning Officer.
Applications for a Postal Ballot Paper must be made to the Secretary, and Members availing themselves of this privilege must have their ballot papers lodged before 6.00 p.m. on Saturday 20th. May 2017.
Members who are financial as at 31st. March 2017 are deemed to be financial until a decision is made on the rate of Annual Subscription at the Annual General Meeting.
Agenda for the Annual General Meeting.
- Reading of the Notice convening the Meeting.
- Consideration and adoption of the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
- Receive from the Committee, the Annual Report for the year ending 31st. March 2017.
- Consideration and adoption of the Annual Report.
- Presentation of the audited Balance Sheet and the Statement of Accounts.
- Declaration of the postal votes and results of the election for the Board.
- Nomination and election of the Auditors.
- Determination of the Annual Subscriptions.
- To elect the Match Committee.
- To determine the number of Pennant Sides to be entered in the Pennant Competitions.
- General Business. Any matter of which 21 days due notice has been given to the Secretary.
13.1 Motion to elect Mr. Colin Gorman as a Life Member of Melbourne Bowling Club
- Any other General Business of which due notice has not been given.
Monday 2nd April 2017.
Congratulations to our Premier Division side, winning the Taylors Bowls Victoria Premier Division Grand Final 74-69 on Sunday 26 March. After taking a solid lead early, and withstanding a mini fightback by Bundoora at the halfway mark, the team powered ahead before Bundoora made a late charge, some great clutch bowls over the last few ends held the lead for Melbourne. Rink Scores
Michael Sims 13 v Brett Spurr 17
Bryce Young 22 v Josh Corless 18
Scott Mortimer 22 v Luke Aiello 14
Shane Fordham 17 v Adam Galloway 20
Some photos from the day below:
Congratulations to the players from Melbourne, selected to represent Sandbelt Region in the Region Sides Championship, to be held on April 28-30, 2017 at Corowa Civic Bowls Club.
Full sides as selected:
Ryan Bevis (Melbourne), Allan Elliott (Mentone), Ben Fearn (Melbourne) and Ash Rowan (Mentone) (,Skip)
Brad Foote (Mentone), Todd Trewarne (Melbourne) Brendan McCallum (Mentone) and Dale Jones (Mentone) (Skip),
Nic Youngs (Cheltenham), Alex Skilton (Melbourne), Curtis Hanley (Melbourne) and Shane Fordham (Melbourne) (skip)
We wish the team all the best in the upcoming event.